The Australian American Association of Victoria has, over many decades, operated for the betterment of relations between Australia and the United States of America at all levels – political, commercial, cultural, educational and, more often than not, social. Born in crisis in the years preceding WWII, the AAA (VIC) is today an active, sophisticated organization dedicated to bringing Australians and Americans together in a multitude of ways. Our mission is to explore the relationship, analyze it, influence it and, above all, to celebrate it.
Our purpose is to
- Provide leadership in the intellectual life of the community through presentation and discussion of ideas and issues vital to both countries
- Provide a focal point for the social and business life that begins in an Australian American context but extends far beyond
- Commemorate and acknowledge the historic cooperation between the two nations in all forms, both in peace time and in war
- Celebrate occasions and events that are uniquely American, Australian or both; fostering friendships and strengthening bonds at a grass-roots level between local Victorians, newly-locals, expats and visitors alike
- Support US nationals in the local community with relevant information and assistance and, conversely, to assist Australian nationals and businesses with learning more about the United States
New members are always welcome! Become involved and support our goals. Join online. It only takes a moment.
We look forward to seeing you at our next event!